Thursday, October 28, 2010

Not Too $cary...Halloween


Here is another quick, inexpensive decoration on my dining room table.
Some beaded mini pumpkins under a cloche which
sits on top of a beautiful old, hand embroidered runner
 (that should have been pressed better!)
 in lovely autumn colors.
The runner I found in a " everything is buck box"
 at the great Kane County Flea Market this month!


And last but not least,my take on scary.


The mantel with a witch, a bat and a spider under glass.


A lighted skull, some spider webs and spiders...
And, the Witches hat and her broom.
I know, I know....not so scary.
At least we have the spirit !!
Happy Halloween everyone and thanks for stopping by!!


Check out the Vintage Halloween Party at Joans great blog:

7 comments:

  1. I love that bird cage and your "not too scary" decorations look perfect.
    Happy Friday.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the word "flocked", donna! and for stopping by...your halloween decor is very cozy and inviting:) beautiful bird cage and love the broom...

    mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from the Vintage Halloween Blog Party. I love your holiday spirit!

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luv the birdcage! Thanks for sharing.....Julian

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that bird cage. They make the best decorating items.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't everything look great under glass? I think Joan, our party hostess, always says that! I really love the way that witch's hat looks, resting on the hearth!
    Happy Halloween!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how nice it all looks..
    Love your style..

    ReplyDelete