Sunday, December 19, 2010

'Tis The Season

Hello Friends!

And what a season! But.......it goes waaaaayyyyy too fast!
Must learn to slow it down somehow.
This year I have tried to slow it down some. I have really not gone overboard with decorating this year rather I put things up that make me feel good when I see them not just because I have them.

Here is our " broken several time over" Nut Cracker!
It just would feel the same without him and his crooked mustache
protecting all the other imperfect treasures on the mantle! 

And, here is my beloved "Merry Christmas" banner from Anthropologie.
I waited and waited for this beautifully, embellished, quilted banner to go on sale a few years ago
 only to have my Smart Son ask me
 why do I have a banner up that says "Merry CHRITmas?!"
Yes...the S was missing and I was so excited to finally get it, I had not noticed AND
hung it up!
Luckily they had another one and the exchange was easy.
 We all still laugh when we see this though!

I fell in love with some plaid blankets I purchased at the flea markets.
One lovely lady at the Wheaton Flea told me hers was all washed and ready to use!
She wasn't kidding, it was Downy fresh!

Here is what CHRISTmas is all about. This Nativity was a wedding present from my 2nd Sister.
It's hard to believe it's 20 years old already! What a terrific gift!

 
Lastly, I want to share with you my very favorite decorations.
These are some of the beautiful ways my Darling Daughter made her room ready for the season.
 She worked very hard cutting, coloring and glittering and I think her decor is the BEST of all!
Merry Christmas!




2 comments:

  1. Dear Donna,
    Merry Christmas my friend. I was so excited that you had come by for a visit. After all the holidays are past I'm going to visit all my friends more often...So until then,
    Have a safe and happy holiday..
    P.s...your daughters decorations are TOPS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you were right not to overdo. It's much more meaningful to put out what you like rather than feel like you "have" to do it all because you have it. I certainly can relate to buying things and not realizing something is wrong until I get home. I used to do that all the time, but finally started checking things more closely because I got tired of returning things.

    Thanks for visiting my blog today!

    ReplyDelete